Drive community development by training library workers to be skilled, visionary leaders equipped to position libraries as critical community change-makers.
INELI India and South Asia
- Enhanced skills and knowledge of 70 emerging public library leaders
- A vibrant regional network of emerging library leader acting as accelerators in the library field, function, and take action to bring changes in the field of library Increased collaboration between library stakeholders in South Asia by the end of the program
Repositioning of India Public Libraries as Knowledge Centre’s
Overall aim: Repositioning and Strengthening the Capacities of the Public Library to community-led Knowledge and Learning Centre’s in India, with library professional having leadership and mentoring skills to facilitate information and knowledge exchange with their community.
- Enhancing capacities of identified library staff across 50 libraries, who are adopting a consultative, needs assessments approach for meeting information, educational and learning needs of its diversified community
- Introducing creative, interactive and innovative ICT enabled knowledge services that supports the community to make informed decisions, implementing a common impact measurement system for collecting evidence on the effective functioning of the Indian Public Libraries as community-led knowledge and learning centers
- The librarians to communicate the results to state / national level stakeholders for repositioning and advocating of socially inclusive public library policies